Sunday, August 17, 2008

Where does the time go?!

A few years ago on a walk, I met my "little sister"!! My friend Jill is like the little sister I never had. We both moved to the neighborhood at the same time, got engaged a few weeks apart and married a month apart. As newlyweds we had some great times boating on Lake Michigan. So much fun, that the next summer Mike and Jill bought their own boat. It was no surprise to me that when Holly was 3 months old Jill came over to tell me the wonderful news....she was expecting!! We were so happy for them! As the months went on Jill would ask me about what it was like...being pregnant...giving birth (GET AN EPIDURAL!!) ...becoming a mom. I am so happy that she comes to me for advise and when she has questions. Well, the past few days we have been spending a lot of time together. She was due on Friday. We all thought by now we would have met the little one. Poor Jill!! I am so excited for her to hold her baby for the first time. There are no words to describe how magical a feeling it is to bring your new baby home. Looking back at this year I can recall the first days of being a Mom so clearly! My advise to Jill is to cherish every moment, and I know she will!! The first year is amazing and goes to fast. Only 9 more days until Holly's Birthday!!


Holly at 6hrs old
It was LOVE at first sight!!!

Here she is right before her 1st Birthday

0 comments: